Version 1.6.1 simplifies putting signature on the last page in a PDF document. If -pg parameter is out of bounds (not in 1..coutOfPages interval), then last page is used.
So for instance "-pg 0" can be used to put signature on the last page.
The new version adds support for configuring TSA hash algorithm. There are 3 places, where the value can be specified:
- - the default is loaded from conf/conf.properties file
- - GUI has a new input field in the TSA dialog
- - CLI contains a new program argument "-tsa"
Read more at JSignPdf Google group.
Sign PDF files for free
JSignPdf is a Java application which adds digital signatures to PDF documents. It can be used as a standalone application or as an Add-On in OpenOffice.org. The application uses the jsignpdf-itxt library for PDF manipulations (based on iText library in version 2.1.7 with LGPL/MPL license). JSignPdf is open-source software and can be freely used in both private and business sectors.
If you don't use windows installer, which already includes Java, you'll need a Java Runtime Environment in version 6 and newer.
Run JSignPdf.exe on Windows machine. If you don't use Windows or you want to add special parameters to the Java, run following from a command line:
java -jar JSignPdf.jar
To get help for command line processing (batch mode) use --help switch:
java -jar JSignPdf.jar --help
Closer specification is in Quick Guide, which is part of the downloaded package. You can find it in file docs/JSignPdf.pdf.
Current version provides:
- visible signatures - image and/or description located visualy in a PDF file (page and position can be specified)
- several different keystore types (as provided by Java)
- timestamps from authority in signature (TSA)
- certificate validation through CRL and/or OCSP
- setting certification level
- setting hash algorithm
- PDF encryption and setting rights
- comprehensive Swing GUI
- support for batch processing (controlled by command line arguments, without GUI)
Author of the JSignPdf is a Czech developer Josef Cacek. He works in Java from 2000. Some links to the Josef's projects: